Sunday, November 30, 2008

Autumnal Beginnings: A New Life Starts.

What a time it's been. The last week and some has been a rollercoaster ride of a time. From where my last entry finished my life has had a complete turn around. In this short space of time I've been transformed from the despondant and paranoid shell of my former self into a newly refreshed man. A man with a mission and a destiny and a man who will realise it.

As it has turned out this little outpost in the middle of nowhere I'd discovered was the handywork of none other than my dear old friend Gruppenführer Rodeo C. Bull. He singlehandedly formed this little community after fleeing the great fire of Beppin. My astoundment of this was too great for words. The spirit of Beppin was always strong in Herr Rodeo, but I never realised how strong until now.

We had a wonderful reintroduction courtesy of Frau Pelly K. Pelican and the tears in both our eyes and look of complete disbelief defied all other communication. After we caught up on our last couple of years he told me how he believed it was part of his destiny to restore the dream of Beppin and to further it's glory. He said I was a large part of that destiny and without my leadership he had no idea where he'd be now. But he had faith. And his faith is what inspired him to found this new community. Through some clandestine means he managed to contact Herr Nook, Frau Pelly as well as Schütze Booker E. Dog and Brigadeführer Copper K. Dog. This took time and tenacity. Herr Rodeo also discovered theories behind the underground resistance that destroyed our fair town... ones I was most interested in.

I was amazed beyond reason at the nightly stories Herr Rodeo divulged to me over some warm cider in his modest house this past week. His decor had changed slightly, but it still said 'Rodeo', his style was always unmistakable. For the last week we've been working together to get our heads around where we go next. For Rodeo theres only been one direction and that's forward: but without my presence he wasn't confident of a true success. I was humbled and flattered. Beppin had always been my vision, but to see it shared so vividly and dutifully by it's former residents filled my heart with joy and my soul with renewed vigour for life. I extended my hand to his awaiting hoof and told my friend I would be honoured to work with him and past Beppians to realise our shared vision.

It has been a whirlwhind of events. All the bad times of the last two years seemed to have happened decades ago. It's like I've begun a new life all over again. Despite my years I feel young and rejuvenated. My return to safe and welcome shores have restored my faith in who I am and what I'm to achieve. It's hard to take in all of this at once, but I'm slowly getting my mind focussed on the tasks at hand. Spending my days discussing all our options with my good friend has been the most valuable and enriching time I've spent with anyone in a long time...



and I'm glad he's enjoying it too.

2 comments:

Hamhock said...

Great Job, Glue.

Say hello to Cunzy1 1's town....

http://www.thatguys.co.uk/2009/01/christmas-2008.html

Cunzy11 said...

MORE WE WANT MORE!